Monday, 13 April 2015

Sunday Brunch

In life there is so much to do, let us celebrate each victory; who knows Kal hoo na hoo. :) A firmer believer that I am, I thought of rewarding myself for all the hard work put in my assignments. It was a Sunday and who could accompany me better. I called up my brunch partner (workwise) with whom I have spent one year running around taking care of our guests at Taj West End, Bangalore. We have a mutual feeling when it came to Sundays at work; handling smiling guest, rude ones, drunk ones, the over-friendly ones; as a manager to have to take care of everyone. :)
So this was out time to relax and enjoy a brunch dining on the table. I invited my Friend and ex-colleague from Taj to dine at Woodside all bar and day eatery, Oshiwara. I did my reservation through GourmetItUp and also checked zomato for its reviews.
We made a reservation for two at 12:30pm in the inside seating. If you ain't in a relaxing mood, you may prefer walking in and out of the place to grab a bite for the buffet. If not then Patio seating you would be recommended.
Peach Ice tea
 While I was waiting for my friend at the table, for almost 10 minutes I wasn't served water, the server was busy with the the big table next to me. These things are critical when it comes to serving a guest in a restaurant. Chinar, my friend was not in a mood of spirits entering her body, so she opted for non-alcoholic buffet, which made it two. Our server, Harickson briefed us about the buffet and beverage that was included. Both of us called for ice teas; Lemon and Peach. I was taken aback by the flavours of this well garnished drink called the Peach Ice tea. Both of us liked it so much, that I called for one more.
There is a loads of the things on the menu and make sure you eat small portion of each of them if you would like to taste them all. I like their hummus with pita bread, chicken pizza, chicken in a citrus sauce, bell pepper bruschetta, spring rolls, the caesar salad was good but I found few wilted lettuce (get them replaced), the mediterranean dips were nice and waffle with praline ice cream was nice too.
I didn't relish the crab canapes as it was stinking a bit, the chicken sliders could have been better and the hot counter food could be served keeping temperature of the food in mind. If you are a vegetarian, make sure you read carefully, as the food tags placement isn't properly visible on the salad counter.
Chicken pizza

Crab canape

I liked the ambiance of the place, it is little small to hold a brunch as such but the inside seating is little spacious compared to outside ones. The music gets a little louder so keep in mind, preferably not a place for infants.
Also, At the time of billing make sure you don't have a Maestro, as they do not accept it. Thankfully I was carrying a visa card. :P
The overall experience of this place was good considering the fact that the brunch (non- alcoholic) was Rs.995 inclusive of taxes and around Rs.1040 for alcoholic.
Been booked through GourmetItUp, we were served complimentary one round of alcoholic drinks as well.
I will definitely recommend this place as its value for money and it caters good food with good service.




Bruschetta and Slider 

Woodside All day bar & eatery !


Excited about studying abroad- Get to know what to pack?

All of you guys must be super excited about the thought of studying abroad and finally making it. What comes next? Oh yeah, packing our...