Kala Ghoda Cafe

Kala Ghoda, an iconic destination of Mumbai known for its art, culture, festival and as evolving restaurant hub.
In the bylanes of Kala Ghoda sits a small cafe, a cafe which is difficult to find unless you use google maps. A small entrance right opposite La Folie, Enchante and Trishna restaurant.
When I say small, it is actually small with 5-6 tables downstairs and one sofa seating on top. Be a little careful with stairs; please don't dare if you are wearing heels. ;P
First impression you might get is it's too small for being called a cafe. Just hold onto it, sit in the comfy chairs or the leather couch. My friends and I went there for completing an assignment but ended up chatting and hogging. :)
We ordered for a waffle as it was much heard of. I ordered for waffle with dark chocolate along with cappuccino.

Cappuccino

 

Waffle with dark chocolate sauce

I tasted the waffle along with dark chocolate sauce, it tasted just fine. Wasn't really exceptionally good. Cappuccino was frothy and good to taste, just like it is supposed to be. Cappuccino an italian drink traditionally made with espresso, hot milk and steamed milk foam (froth). I love my coffee just like the Italians do. :)
Neha, one of my friends wanted to call for flamed grilled chicken with amazingly described on the menu. However, the server informed us that would take 15-20 minutes so we asked for a sandwich. He suggested us chicken, cheese and salad sandwich. I asked him to make it in a Ciabatta bread, grilled. 
The first bite into it was divine, the simplicity of the sandwich with chicken seasoned with salt and fresh pepper, melting cheese and freshness of the salad leaves. Wallah! 

Chicken, cheese, salad sandwich in a Ciabatta bread

Someone with a palate looking out for spicy food should avoid this. It might not please your palate. 
I am definitely going for one again. I am looking for their flame grilled chicken as well. 
One thing for sure I would say that is I felt the vibe and warmth in this place. The matter of fact being a small place was totally avoidable. Good service, good ambiance and good food. A good hangout place for single diner, group of friends (not more than 4-5) or just work. It suits everyone, and no wonder it's been featured in Conde Nast and various magazine. 

Service- 4/5
Ambiance- 3.5/5
Food- 4/5

Location: Kala Ghoda Cafe
Near Kala Ghoda circle.
the lane next to Rhythm house
Opposite Trishna restaurant and La Folie.
Mumbai...!






Comments

Popular Posts