The Parisien Café in Mumbai

Café culture as described by Oxford dictionary states a lifestyle characterised by regular socializing in pavement cafes, typically that associated with European countries like France or Italy.
Coffee or Café culture is very much in trend these days among people in India, and so are the cafes coming with unique concepts and menus. One such café lies in Colaba, which is offering a petite menu of savouries and a range of scrumptious desserts with brewing coffee.
Quaint interiors with black caned chairs and round tables, wooden floor, light music, brewing coffees and a display counter of eye-appealing colourful desserts. To the one who have visited Europe it might remind of a French café and for few it would be good introduction to the French being.
For me, it did remind me of my café hangouts in Paris while looking out at the street or reading a book. I had read about the ‘macaroon lady’ through Instagram as well as articles about Pooja Dhingra; having worked with Taj Group of hotels, fine dining and global cuisines is something which comes with exposure. So I was aware about macaroon but was curious to experience what Le15 café had to offer.
My friend and I decided to visit the café for a quick lunch. On a hot day in Mumbai, stepping in this brightly lit café with good room temperature was such a relief.
I had read about Chef Pablo Naranjo Agular and his experiments with different produce through his Instagram stories so thought of ordering savouries instead of desserts to start with. We ordered Pesto Chicken which is grilled chicken breast with salad presented on a bed of mash potatoes and a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.

Pesto Chicken at Le15 Cafe
I have been experimental with my palate however my sweet tooth friend didn’t appreciate the taste ‘being the Indian food lover’ that she is and found the seasoning a little more.
Dessert was something we were keen on; I ordered the pink latte that fascinated me while for rest of it I asked the staff to suggest their best.
We were suggested Salt Caramel Macaroon, Nutella Brownie, Belgium chocolate muffin while I also ordered Pink Latte. All in all, macaroon was the star while Nutella brownie was our second favourite, Belgium chocolate muffin didn’t appeal us so much. I totally loved the Pink Latte as it did appeal my coffee palate and colour seeking eyes.
I do intend to visit the café to try their wide range of macaroons and waffle savouries on my next visit.
We had been there for a quick lunch and ended up spending three hours like the French do enjoying good food and great ambience.








Best coffee, Chikmagalur coffee estate brew



Nutella brownie, Salt caramel macaroon, Belgium chocolate muffin and Pink Latte












Pesto Chicken dish with Happy soul 

Comments

  1. Amazing recipe. Meanwhile check amazing delicious and freshly bakedBirthday Cakes in Mumbai here. Regards Tiers of Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. nostalgic post. Plan your trip with the best tour and travel agency in Kolkata, Sunshine Holidays & Leisure (P) Ltd.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts