For the first time when I stepped out of my home country...


Being in an International environment could sometimes be overwhelming as well as a cultural shock. How does one manage to create a balance? There isn’t a perfect recipe for it but there is definitely one thing you can do.  Get out of your comfort zone and meet new people. It is important to know how to connect with people and communicate with them. People say I am a marketing student so it easy for me to communicate with others. No one is born that way; it is a process of learning. I have always been a quiet and anti-social kid but various circumstances have helped me develop my interpersonal skills. It is very important to understand that most of the challenges in life can be transformed into opportunities. One should learn how to face it.
Moving out of one’s comfort is very important because that’s how you will learn new things. Go strike a conversation about food, travel places, sports, music, etc. with someone. Eventually you will understand the process of communication.
Looking at the different nationalities studying at college in Denmark seemed to be the perfect place to broaden your knowledge horizon and being a part of the world. The college intro parties were a great way to socialize and experience night life. I have seen Asian students facing difficulty when it comes to socializing with other nationalities. Language is one of the major barriers for most of them but once you overcome this fear there isn’t anything that can stop you.
Our college had a bar which is for the students and managed by the students. It is a great place to enjoy school life and make a social circle where one gets to know each other. 
For me it was a big deal, as an Indian girl I had a pre-developed scenes in my head about how the party would look like. All thanks to the American pie series which created an image that wasn't really good. However, I took a chance to explore and wash out all the prejudice. Fortunately, I didn't wake up in another country or with some random stranger. (Oh just kidding, this isn't the scene any which ways ever) I got to meet a lot of people and had fun time with them. It let me loosen up myself from the preconceived ideas that are passed down. 
I was really amazed by the way I felt about things. It was the way that a person with blurred vision feels after using spectacles. The clarity of things and the way you see the world changes by experiencing being independent and responsible while experiencing a new lifestyle.  




Comments

  1. Wonderful. Meanwhile check amazing funny and creative Adult Cakes in Mumbai here. Regards Tiers of Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ben Anderson this side. I am working in a ticket cancellation department under the Play Airlines Cancellation Policy. If you want to know about the Play Airlines Cancellation Policy then you can reach there by dialing tel:+1-844-673-0381 you can submit your request for the changes there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts